Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring's a-comin' ... eventually

A week and a half ago the weather was gorgeous. Spring was here. 70 degrees and clear blue skies. Since that weekend it has been snowing like crazy! And I have mixed emotions about all this winter-isn't-gone-yet-just-teasing-you-with-Spring stuff. I had already started to get out and jog, taken my bike to the shop for a tune, etc. I was ready and excited for Spring. Especially considering the lack of snow we had in the latter part of the season. Then it gets cold again and we have been bombed with snow. Not the crappy heavy snow, but the light soft powder that people dream about skiing. I was knee deep... at least!

So I'm glad we are getting lots of incredible powder to play in. But I'm ready for weather where I can hike Hanging Lake again. You know, walk out onto a huge log in the middle of a crystal clear green lake suspended way up on the side of a gorge? (No, I don't have a really fat lip. That is my tongue.)





Overlooking the valley on the way up to the lake. A little side-chute from Glenwood Canyon.





Yep, Spring pretty much rocks. Please come back.... after you're done dumping more powder on us of course.

On a side note... here's a shot I took at Ski Jooring in Leadville. I never took the opportunity to post it here. It was the first picture I took that day and just about the only good crash.


2 comments:

Tiffany & Brandon said...

That looks painful!

Jane said...

I love Spring. I think it's may be tied with Fall for favorite season status.

Are you getting ACL tickets this year? I haven't decided whether to do 3 days or 1 day this year. They're busy installing sprinklers in Zilker Park to (hopefully) cut down on the dust.