Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bring it on!

Today has been a crappy day. The tires on my Pathfinder are over 3 years old and have been in need of being replaced. I was having to fill my rear drivers side tire once or twice a week because it kept losing air. So after waking up late and deciding I needed to do it today, I tossed Chris' old tires in the back and went to pay the $50 to have dependable treads on my truck (yes Mary Ellen, I called it a truck). Luckily they weren't busy so I sat down to wait the 30 minutes for them to finish. A good chance to read up on the 14ers I plan to hike this weekend. Pull out my phone to see if I missed any calls and the screen is glowing white with a crack on the upper right corner, leaking destruction over the whole screen.





Crap. I was going to file a warranty claim for the crack on the outer screen (lower right), but figured it wasn't harming the functionality of the phone and it would be more trouble than it was worth. That warranty, of course, expired 2 weeks ago. Hooray! Guess who gets to buy a new phone.

Went to a local AT&T store to see about replacing my phone, and they lovingly tell me that since my phone has an out of state area code, I would have to go to a corporate store in Denver to get a new one. I love it when I have multiple hoops to jump through. Screw that, I'll get it online and save money anyway. Order the new one online (bye bye extra $100), and it should arrive in 2 business days. It has been a long time since I haven't had a phone. Now I have to wait 2 days for the replacement. Not looking forward to that.

All in all it's not that bad of a day. Just not convenient by any means.

No comments: