Friday, July 25, 2008

Ice Skating and More

Rode home on my bike yesterday (obviously, since I rode TO work) and was so glad I did. The highway was backed up with traffic from Vail Village through Dowd's Junction and into Eagle-Vail. Since I was on the bike path... no traffic. I got home just in time to relax on the porch with a beer and watch this storm blow in...



You can see how strong the wind was blowing by looking at the tree to the left of the stop sign and the flag on the far left. After grabbing some groceries, I cooked some dinner and started packing for the weekend. Then Luke, JJ, Blair and Carly got back from dinner and convinced me to join them for a drink in Beaver Creek. Walking in to the village we noticed the ice skating rink and decided to join in the fun. I had only ice skated once before, but I used to rollerblade alot and play roller hockey, so I hit the ice running. Here's the goofballs that i went out with.



And here is a close up of my retarded friend Bilo...





He is very special. JJ and I began practicing for the 2010 Winter Olympics. We had the rest of the crew watching for Russian spys as we practiced.



All in all it was a good night. I finished packing when I got home and am excited to get off work so I can go camping and hike tomorrow. I'll try to post a pic from the summit when I am up there.

No comments: