Monday, January 28, 2008

Snowy Snow

This weekend was great (did you expect different?). Took snowboarding lessons on Saturday and picked it back up surprisingly quick. Not to say that I'm good, I've got a LONG way to go. We were practicing 180's and I spent most of the time on my butt (which hurt the next day for some reason). That night we went out in Vail and had some drinks with friends. I found out that my roommate Chris is a lush...


After sleeping in Sunday morning, I went out for a few hours of skiing. The weather was absolutely perfect this weekend. Clear skies called all day long. Got home and spent about an hour relaxing in the hot tub. I never knew how much it could help aching muscles to sit in warm water. Go figure.

Today I was really getting into the swing of things at work. At lunch I went for a few runs on the slopes. The wind was blowing like crazy. I could barely see the slope to read the mountain because of the snow drifts. It was scary but it really tested my abilities (a.k.a. I fell).

We cooked some surf and turf tonight. My roommate Luke is an excellent cook. We had salmon with a courvoisier cream sauce, steak, potato slices, and steamed veggies. WOW!!! It doesn't get much better. Well, the 2-3 inches of snow we got while eating was pretty cool, too.

One thing I didn't realize about CO is that lamp posts wear turbins... weird!

No comments: