Friday, July 11, 2014

Back In Action!

It has been a long time, but I'm back!  Main reason: moving out of Vail and traveling for 3 months.  Where you ask?  Let's start with the U.S. to visit family, then spend two months in Europe.  Yey!

How can this happen?  Kelsey sold her condo so we have no rent payments.  I'm sad to depart from the beautiful fantasy that is the Vail Valley, but I have to grow up some time.  The last few weeks have been packed with... packing!

Today was the last day of packing and moving out of our condo.  It was weird to see it so empty.  It felt so much bigger!



I'm certainly going to miss the sound of the creek from our bedroom window lulling me to sleep.



The empty garage left me feeling unsettled.  It housed so many tools of happiness, and now they are mainly in my car.  So I guess it's not so sad.  Just the reminder that they won't be stored in a location where they could be deployed at any moment.


Well, I have another week to play before departing from my ex-home.  My goal is to update on a daily (lofty goal) basis.  So I can't really say goodbye to Vail yet, but I will certainly miss a condo that we could call ours.


No comments: