Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gilman Climbing

I have a few days to play before I leave the Vail Valley.  I was hoping to climb The Diamond on Longs Peak, but my partner had to cancel.  Which is just as well because I have heard that there have been a lot of issues with lightning and weather this year.  Instead, I have been climbing at some of my favorite haunts around Vail.  Saturday was a day of climbing in the shade at Homestake, and today I went to Gilman Canyon.  It was hot today, so the partial shade we found was incredible.  Here's a shot of my friend leading our first route just as the sun was coming over the ridge.


It was a great day of some challenging new climbs.

I've been spending my other free time researching places to visit during our trip to Europe.  There are so many beautiful places.  So many things to do, places to see, experiences to enjoy.  It would be easy to spend years touring Europe and still not go all the places we would like to.  Our challenge will be to narrow down our priorities so we can spend our time enjoying the places we visit instead of just visiting lots of places.

No comments: