Monday, July 21, 2014

Travel to Tejas

I spent the last 3 days in Ohio visiting Kelsey's parents.  We had a great time entertaining her family and close friends on Saturday night.  Luckily the night eventually led to rhythmic melodies with tambourines, egg shakers, and an afuche cabasa.  A video of the event may have been captured, but it will not be posted here.

Today we had the pleasure of flying and airport waiting for about 7 hours to get to Austin.  My cousin and his girlfriend picked us up from the airport and we sailed through rush hour traffic with lively conversation.  It was great to spend time with him since they live in China now.  After a delicious dinner at my aunt and uncle's, we are settling at my sister's house.  She was kind enough to let us borrow her car for the evening and during the day on Tuesday while she is out of town.  Hopefully we will get to see a few of my friends tomorrow before returning the car to my sister and then heading to a lake house with my family.

Apparently we arrived just in time for the weather to get nice and hot (100+ degrees).  That's the Texas I remember!

No comments: