Thursday, February 7, 2008


I haven't blogged in about a week. If you remember, last Wednesday I said I came home and went nearly right to bed. Turns out I got a cold. Bleh! I haven't really let it slow me down though. Once you have it, you have it, and there isn't too much you can do for it. I know there are all kinds of studies and such, but I figure if I just take some Thera-Flu and drink lots of liquids, I'll get better. Guess what... it worked!

Friday night Robin and his friend Alex came in to spend the night. They were driving from CA where they picked up a car for Robin to go back to Denver. They got in around 1 or 2 and pretty much went right to bed. Saturday we got up and went skiing for most of the afternoon. The parking lots and frontage roads were packed for parking, but my roommate Chris has a secret place to park up on the mountain. So I parked out in the boondocks and he gave me a lift in. It's a ski-in, ski-out type of place. Super sweet!

I met up with Robin and Alex at the top of the lift and we skied around for a few hours. They were pretty good snowboarders, so i was struggling to keep up the pace. Once we got home we spent awhile in the hot tub relaxing before they took off to Denver.

Sunday we got out to the mountain around noon and spent the day in the back bowls and Blue Sky Basin. It was super cold and really windy, but there was amazing amounts of powder. The back side is awesome. We took on a few blacks... well... they took me on. I basically fell most of the way down. I need to remember to do my hard runs earlier in the day before I'm tired.

Monday came around and it was back to work. I'm still learning alot and it's slowly coming together. I was greated by some elk on my way to work. They were chilling right at the end of my block.

I haven't done much outside this week because I've been trying to make sure to get better. I went for a few runs today, but it was cold so I didn't stay. Plus I needed to get back in to work. A big storm is supposed to be blowing through today and we should get about 12 inches in the next 24 hours. Guess I'll have to hit some powder up at lunch tomorrow.

Leslie and Ethan are coming in this weekend, so they will get to enjoy mounds of fresh powder. I plan to drive to Breck to join them for a day or two of skiing.

I took this last week at the top of one of the lifts and forgot to post it. I've been pretty bad about taking pictures while on the slopes because my gloves are bulky and I don't want to get frostbite if I take them off. maybe when it warms up I'll get some more.

No comments: