Friday, June 13, 2008

As Sick As a Baby in a Germ Factory

I been sick the last few days. No fun in the tum tum. I woke up at about 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday night by the outside trash can being blown over by the wind... at least I thought. Within about 5 minutes of waking up I got ridiculous cramps in my stomach and made a bee-line to the bathroom. It was like that for most of the night. I spent Wednesday at home either moaning in bed or passed out on the couch "watching" TV. If I needed anything from upstairs, it was time to go ape and crawl up. My muscles were sore and aching.

Thursday was much better because the visits to the bathroom had pretty much ended. At least until I tried to eat a turkey sandwich. It's been crackers, chicken noodle soup, and gatorade since then. I came to work today because I don't have enough sick time left. I only had about 19.5 hours built up and those 2 days wiped 16 of them out.

I initially thought it might be salmonella poisoning from the big tomato scare, but I don't see how it could be. Upon talking with a co-worker, he said he got this rotavirus from his daughter a week or so ago and it was apparently going around. Looked it up and the symptoms were pretty accurate. Great, I got baby-AIDS. CRAP!!! I just googled "baby AIDS" and it actually came up with the rotavirus stuff. GROSS! I guess you have to be careful what you joke about. It just may come true. OK, back to my super-hydration routine. Give me some Gatorade! (apparently this rotavirus makes you delirious, too.)


This is what you look like if you get baby-AIDS.

No comments: