Thursday, June 5, 2008

Teva Mountain Games!

It's Teva-Time, baby! Today is the first day of the games. There isn't alot that I will be able (or care) to do today because I am working. I plan on being a bar-back at the Ozomatli concert on Friday, so I am going to train tonight. Hopefully I will get some decent tips and be able to see/hear the band.

Yesterday I did the hill climb again. There wasn't much wind at my back, so my time wasn't as good, but I pushed pretty hard up the hill. I stood and sprinted the last 200-300 yards which really took it out of me. The important thing is that I recovered quickly and was able to push it back to the end of my ride. I ended up riding around Vail Village to check out the set up for some of the events. After work I helped bag about 100 bags of sand to hold tent poles in place.

I found a few dangerous sites that I am becoming addicted to. Dangerous because it is very easy to spend money on stuff that you didn't plan on buying, just because it is a killer deal and it is cool. At your own risk, check out Steep and Cheap (general outdoor gear/apparel), Chainlove (for the bike lovers), and WhiskeyMilitia (snowboard/surfboard lifestyle stuff). They list one item at a time and sell it until it is gone. Then another item pops up. Everything is between 50% and 80% off. So far I've been strong enough to say no. Not sure how long that will last. Hopefully pretty long since I don't have any money.

No comments: