Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Climb Time

I had my first day of climbing on Saturday. We went to the boulder in Wolcott for about an hour. The rock is great because it has pretty much everything on it from easy to kick-my-ass. Wolcott is a quick drive from my place, so I will be able to head down there any time for a quick session. This is Kyle working on the back side of the boulder.

Unfortunately, after this picture my camera took a turn for the worse. The screen got cracked and the metal casing got messed up, too. Luckily I have renter's insurance, so it's covered. My new camera is on its way already.

I pretty much spent the rest of the weekend at the driving range (which re-injured my ribs) and chipping whiffle balls at the house in the front yard. We had a sick game of HORSE going on for awhile. I lost pretty quick though. I'm alot better at home than at the range because I'm not trying to hit the ball as hard as posible. That doesn't mean I'm any good at home either. We just play around with a bunch of trick shots... over the fence and off the hot tub, through the front door, upstairs bathroom window, etc.

This Sunday is the Teva Mountain Games Hill Climb. So far I have done the route twice. Once on Friday and once on Monday. I didn't try to ride too fast either time, but I was still decently pleased with my pace. My bikes are in the shop today for "June Tune." It's basically a full bike tune up at a great price. Not much else going on. I'll keep you up to date as the week progresses.

No comments: