Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Weekend

I leave after work today to hike yet more 14ers. I am camping at the West Winfield trailhead for Mt. La Plata tonight so I can wake up early tomorrow and get on the trail. Then I am driving to the Denny Creek trailhead for Mt. Yale for a night of rest before I hike on Sunday. I finally set up a schedule for my hiking the rest of this summer. It will be relatively intense, but I know I can do it. Not sure how I feel about having something planned every weekend through the end of September. I left one weekend free in case I get scared off a mountain by storms. That way I won't push myself too hard if it could get nasty. Consider it a built-in safety net.

I learned today that Lance Armstrong and Floyd Landis will be competing in the Leadville 100 next weekend, so I may nix the hikes I have planned. I really don't feel like driving through all the traffic that will be on the road because of the race. We'll see.

No comments: