Monday, August 11, 2008

U.S. Men's 4x100m Swim Team

Holy CRAP!!! That's really all I can say... without using profanities. I was watching the olympics last night before I went to bed, and boy am I glad I did. The last event that was televised for the night was the mens 4x100m relay. France was expected to win by a huge margin. The U.S. started off strong and had the lead for the beginning of the race. They lost it to the French by the time the final 100m swimmer jumped in. But in the final 25m I started chanting "go go go." It was pretty obvious that we were too far back, but something changed. Lezak slowly started gaining on the world record holder of the 100m swim. Amazing? I think so. I haven't yelled at my TV since Bush was "elected" president. Check out this ESPN article about the race last night. I haven't been able to find a video of the actual race yet. There will obviously be some HUGE royalties paid for the rights to that video.

No comments: