Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just Blogging

I don't really have anything interesting to say today, not that I am usually insightful or anything. Instead I am going to list some things that I have done lately.
  • Signed up on facebook and have wasted alot of time searching for long lost friends
  • Researched the latest in waterproof-breathable gear, especially for hiking boots
  • Read all my usual blogs
  • Rode my road bike to the fire station towards the top of Beaver Creek
  • Sat in the hot tub
  • Watched the olympics
  • Helped my friend start his first batch of homebrew
  • Made sure I was up to date on all my bills
  • Got the oil changed on my car (I had put that off for WAY too long)
  • Changed my flight to Austin in September so I get there earlier and leave later

That's something I can write about. Just a gentle warning to anyone who plans to travel soon. Make sure to check-in online as soon as you can. With the airlines hurting, they are starting to overbook their flights. So even if you pay full price for your flight, you may find that when you get to the airport to check in, you are flying stand-by because everyone else has already checked in.


Plus, I had my flight booked for several months and I got a call the other day saying they have cancelled it and I could either reschedule at a different time or get a full refund. Isn't that nice of them. I plan ahead so I can get a cheap flight and then they say they will refund my money so I can try to find another flight that will be twice as expensive. I guess it actually worked out in my favor because I booked a flight that leaves a day earlier and returns a day later. Good thing I have enough vacation time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I was going to leave a really insightful comment about airports, but the "capcha" word right now contains a dirty word, and it made me lose my train of thought. Hee...