Monday, May 19, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Last week was pretty slow for me. I went running a few days and got on my mountain bike to tune it up and get it ready for the summer. On Friday I rode around with Luke and Blair in Edwards. Basically just played around until I jumped into a pot hole, popped my rear tube, and put a huge dent in the rear rim. My rear wheel was already shot and I was thinking about getting a new wheel set, cassette, chainrings and chain. I wouldn't mind getting new brake levers, V-brakes (or disc brakes), and derailleur's as well. A new fork would be nice too. Really I just want a full suspension bike. I don't have the money to throw at it right now, so I probably won't do anything. If I get a new wheel set (front and rear wheel), I will need a new cassette and chainrings. And the brake upgrade is just a logical step. I hate having to go all or nothing.

Enough bike ranting. Saturday morning we went for a jog and I felt like crap. I am sure that I could name a million reasons why I ran like crap, but here are a few: I'm not in the shape I used to be in, didn't let my breakfast digest enough to fuel my body, started out too hard before warming up. As soon as we finished, my allergies took control of my very being. I couldn't stop sneezing and my nose was running MUCH faster than I had that morning. After I calmed down my mucus machine, I did some core workout and then laid in the sun in the front yard for an hour.

After some afternoon ciders at the bar, I went home to take a nap and get ready for the evening. A group of about 7 headed to Balata and had an awesome dinner. We rounded the night off at our local bar, E-Town. After becoming sufficiently intoxicated, we headed home (yes mom, we had a designated driver).

Kyle woke me up at noon on Sunday to go for a mountain bike ride. Still slightly hung over, I ate a bowl of cereal, had my tire changed and hammered out the dent in my rim. There are few better ways to get over a hang over than sweating it out or puking. I opted to sweat it out and almost puke. We climbed some decent hills on our way up. The view from the top was gorgeous. The snow on Arrowhead in Beaver Creek is finally starting to melt.

No comments: