Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dept. Ski Day

Yesterday was our department ski day. Yes... a ski day in late May. The one we had scheduled earlier in the season got cancelled, and for good reason. A HUGE snow storm had blown in and there was a 50-car pile-up. I didn't ski, but I did join a group that rode bikes from A-Basin to Loveland and back. That's about 1000 feet of climbing in 3.5 miles, down about 1000 feet in 3.5 miles, and back. Not too shabby for my first mountain ascent/descent.




I'm in the middle, towards the back. But that doesn't reflect when I got to the top, promise. Now I really need to get ready for the Bolder Boulder 10K that I'm running next Monday. With the little amount of training I've been doing, I'd be happy with a 9:30 minute/mile pace, but I'd like to hit a flat 9 minute/mile. When I was in better shape, I did a 10K with 8 minute/miles. Once that is over, I have about 2 weeks to finish getting ready for the Teva Mountain Games Hill Climb.

No comments: