Monday, May 12, 2008

Perfect Sunday

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had since moving. Woke up around 9:30 and Chris had breakfast cooked. I was still stuffed from the steak, lobster, and shrimp the night before, but I ate anyway. What can I say, I'm a gluton for... food. Chris said he was going to clean the garage and I told him we better get to it then.

Got some crap at Home Depot and WalMart (ughhh), then went home and stalled by playing with those velcro gloves and fuzzy tennis balls (old school = awesome and still fun) and then went for a 5 mile jog. My stall tactics are becoming much healthier these days... actually I usually stall because I don't feel like jogging, but who's counting? After a healthy bowl of cereal for lunch it felt like late afternoon. GREAT!!! No garage cleaning today! Wrong, it was only about 2. We hit it hard and threw a bunch of crap away. Well, it's in a convenient pile waiting to be thrown away at least, but there is now twice as much room in the garage and it's organized.

It was pretty fun going through all the junk and trashing the... trash. And a clean accessible garage feels like a beautiful spring day in the Colorado mountains. Maybe that was why it was so nice. Did I mention that it was absolutely perfect outside? Well, let me tell you something. It was absolutely perfect outside.

We finished the day off with a BBQ, some trick bike riding, and a nice soak in the hot tub. The day went by so slow and I loved every minute of it.

No comments: