Thursday, November 20, 2008

Morning Ride

This morning was supposed to be a ski morning for some friends and me, but due to the 50 degree weather all week, we decided to cancel. Instead I went on a quick bike ride up to Beaver Creek Village. It. Was. COLD. My fingertips went numb after riding less than a half mile. I even had gloves on. Apparently they weren't good enough. Nor were my socks because my toes all fell off. A pretty ugly sight indeed. I checked the temperature when I got home and it had only risen to the low 20's... and the sun was still struggling to break through the clouds. Next time I'll make sure to were better gloves and get foot warmers. Oh... nevermind... no foot warmers needed since my toes fell off. Looks like I'm all set!

4 comments:

tal said...

toes are totally overrated! except pinky toes.

Jane said...

Does having a new job mean that you won't be able to blog as much? Booo.... :)

Jane said...

P.S. My word verification word was "histat." Is Blogger trying to tell me that you got a tattoo?

Dan said...

Luckily, only my pinky toes survived, so I'm set. New job = not sitting at a desk bored all day = less blogging and reading blogs. :(

And no tat for me, unless you count the giant dragon I got on my back.