Friday, November 14, 2008

On Writing This Blog

I was going to write a big long post explaining crap that has been going on in my life. At first I just started writing. Then I realized that it would be much more involved to clearly explain the chain of events that has led me to where I am... why I moved out here, why I was thinking of moving back to Austin, all the factors that would influence my decision. So I erased everything that I wrote and started over. Again I realized that to lay it all out without blabbing and confusing you like I usually do needed more organization. It was time to break out the outline.

I. Intro

II. Why I wanted to move to Colorado

III. Why I wanted to move back to Austin

...this is an assignment! I started to feel like I was back in school. My least favorite thing to do in school = writing assignments. "Forget this, I'm not in school for a reason!" While in school, either high school or college, I would work hard enough on every other assignment so I could still pass the class without writing a paper. Sometimes it bit me in the ass. I actually failed one class because of my aversion to writing. "So why am I doing it again for this post? Wait... why do I even keep this blog if I hate writing so much?!?! I certainly don't write here just to write. It's a way for me to tell my friends and family what's happening in my life and a record of my activities... right?"

Well if it's a way for me to write about the goings-on in my life, why don't I want to write about the most important goings-on in my life? (I know "the goings-on in my life" sounds weird but I like it). As my mom would say... because I said so. So there. I like rambling on sometimes. I like writing about my experiences sometimes. But if it comes to me feeling like it's a task, it's gone too far. All I can promise you is this, if I feel like sharing, I might. Otherwise I won't.

Because I said so.

No comments: