Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chilling...errr...Baking in TX

I tried to get off work early enough yesterday to catch the 3 p.m. flight instead of the 7 p.m., but I was going to be about 30 minutes too late. Instead, I touched everything I could at the flagship REI in Denver. That store is ridiculously huge and awesome. The flight itself was uneventful... which is a good thing. I watched the sunset as we were taking off. It was one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics because I had my camera stored overhead and my camera phone was turned off so the plane wouldn't crash if I got a call. I am not sold on the whole "your cell phone will interfere with the airplanes instruments" thing, but I'm sure willing to sacrifice. God knows I don't want to be on a plane with some shmuck blabbing the whole flight. The guy behind me who wreaked of cigarette smoke was enough. I almost requested to change my seat he smelled so bad. But I digress.

My brother-in-law Matt was supposed to pick me up from the airport in Austin. Once we landed, I had this faint hope that Shiloh would surprise me and meet me at the airport. I knew it was unlikely because she has an early class on Wednesdays. I went outside to wait for Matt and let him know I was still waiting to claim the 2 bags I checked. In the mean time, I called Shiloh to let her know I was in safely. We talked for awhile and then I said I needed to go back inside to get my luggage. She tried to distract me to keep me from going inside. Just a bit suspicious. Then she pulled up. I was SO excited. I jumped in the car and kissed her all over. Best surprise ever! Her morning class was cancelled and she had kept it a secret since the day before. She still had to go in to do some work this morning, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait any longer to see her.

After she left for the lab this morning, I went for a jog and did a little workout. I've been working on my core over the last week or so. I expected to be able to run forever. Coming from 7000+ feet to sea level, my blood should be as thick as molasses. I started off strong, jogging/running down the hill towards the river. Stopped for a good stretch and then began the short way home. I made it about half way before I decided to stop and walk. My legs were plum tired. I think I may be a bit dehydrated. Anyway, now I’m debating on reading by her apartment pool or walking to the river with her dog for a dip. If only all my decisions involved such fun outcomes.

No comments: