Friday, September 5, 2008

Why I Want A Laptop

The better question is why would I NOT want a laptop. I could get one with 3 times the hard drive space, a faster processor, and more RAM than my desktop for about $600. I would love to have the flexibility of a laptop. My desktop is still great, but I never want to be on it at home because I don't feel like being secluded in my room. If I could take it to the living room and do stuff while watching TV or talking with friends, I would be much more likely to use it. Not to mention being able to take it on vacation or to a coffee shop or whatever. Mainly it would be used for internet searching, blogging, music, and maybe some simple photo editing. And of course I would want to have Microsoft Money and other Microsoft Office programs on it, too.

If anyone has any suggestions on good deals or which system to get/avoid, please comment.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I got an Eee PC, because all I wanted was mobile web surfing/word processing. It's not really big enough for photo or music editing,though - I still use a desktop for that. I loved my iBook before it died, but Apples are pricey.

Dan said...

What does the price of an apple have to do with an iBook?

(My attempt at a "witty" reference to "what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?)

(For those of you who know me better, my jokes are often stupid and make very little sense... other than in my head.)