Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rockies Game

Our department took a field trip to the Rockies Game yesterday. I rode down from Vail with a co-worker and we met at our bosses house a few miles from Coors Field. He had a myriad of cruiser bikes for us to roll down to the stadium with. I was lucky and got the Rat Rod.




Just a little bit different than riding my road bike. The lack of hand brakes took me a while to get used to. The whole back-pedal-to-a-stop was confusing at first. We got to the stadium as they were finishing up the pre-game festivities. After stopping for the mandatory hot dog and beer, it was time to find our seats. An older guy greeted us boisterously with "Welcome to the rock pile!" Some may call the section nose-bleed, but they weren't really that high. Just way out in center field and.. well I guess they were kinda high... considering the fact that we are already a mile above sea level.


It was in the mid-80's, but no clouds were in sight and the sun was baking us. I slathered sun-screen on, but neglected to cover my legs. I ended up with an uber-attractive burn on the front right side of both legs. Awesome. I'll spare you the picture so you won't have nightmares for the next month.

The game itself was pretty lame. The Rockies won 1-0; the only score was in the bottom of the 4th inning. Post game, we had a few celebratory beverages at a rooftop bar. The mildly intoxicated ride home was fun. I've never been a member of a cruiser bike gang, but I may have to start one.

No comments: