Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stupid PODS

I am starting to semi-plan for moving back to TX... just checking out my options. My biggest concerns right now:
  1. when will I leave
  2. where will I move to in Austin
  3. where will I work
  4. how will I get my 2+ carloads of stuff back to Austin

I checked out PODS to see how much it would cost to move my stuff and potentially store it for a month. That way I could move in one trip without having to rent a trailer or tow my car on a U-Haul. I really don't feel like navigating the roads up here with a trailer during the winter. But of course, PODS doesn't service anywhere near where I live. The closest place is in Denver, which is 1.5-2 hours away. Maybe it will just be better to rent a U-Haul or trailer. Chris also mentioned that he may be willing to drive down and take a load in his SUV, but I can't count on that for my move. Especially since I don't know about #1 above.


Any Suggestions?

5 comments:

Tiffany & Brandon said...

there should be other generic "POD" companies that are essentially the same thing...

Dash said...

sell it mate, i have moved so many times I eventually stopped hoarding... it becomes a lot easier

Unknown said...

When Marti and I moved back from DC, we used ABF : http://www.abfs.com

You pay for space on the truck. You are responsible for packing all your belongings into the agreed upon space. They will drive your stuff to a location and you get to unload it.

Went pretty well, except we got some water damage and ants on a REALLY old couch we shouldn't have even moved in the first place.

Anonymous said...

I agree, sell or get rid of as much as you can before.
(PS oh yeah, I wandered over from your comment on Hillary with T Ls blog)

Dan said...

Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming! Most of the stuff I have is either climbing, camping, hiking, biking, running, or some other kind of gear. Or clothes. Some books. I'm sure I could sell all my DVD's and CD's.