Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Warren Zevon

I re-watched the first episode from the new season of Californication with Chris last night and the closing song caught my ear. For anyone unfamiliar with the show, and more specifically this episode, the song fit perfectly. After looking it up on YouTube, I researched some more of his work. How did I not hear of him before? Here's the song from the show that I liked so much. If you have sensitive ears, you may not want to watch/listen.



He did many other songs that you are most likely familiar with, but didn't realize were him (ie. Werewolves of London). I never even realized what he was saying in that song.



His story is darkly ironic. The first song I posted, "My Shit's Fucked Up," was on an album he released in 2000 called Life'll Kill Ya. Two years later he was diagnosed with mesothelioma. He later died in 2003. Allmusic.com goes into much better detail and provides a better report. Warren appeared on David Letterman on several occasions. He was the sole guest on his final appearance and performed several of his songs. Interesting guy, glad I found his music.

No comments: