Monday, October 27, 2008

Tumbleweed: A Short Story

Saturday started off with the best of intentions, but somehow deteriorated in the early afternoon. After a short mountain bike ride, Chris set up a TV by the hottub for us to watch UT play OSU in a much anticipated football game. Some of you may know that I went to school at Texas so I was very excited about the game. I provided a small cooler and bought beer so we wouldn't have to get out during the game (other than to pee). During halftime a random tumbleweed blew by and I begged Chris to retrieve it. It was to become my lucky tumbleweed umbrella.




Sitting in the hottub and drinking 5 or 6 beers over a three hour game can cause one to lose their sobriety. At some point my lucky tumbleweed began to sink. I was sad.




However, the tumbleweed still did its job and Texas won the game 28-24, much to the dismay of my parents who were unfortunate enough to attend OSU. The end.

1 comment:

Jane said...

PLEASE find some lucky tumbleweed for next week's game against Tech.

Tech fans + game in Lubbock = a very nervous Jane.