Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Texas Comfort Food

Got back from TX late Tuesday night, worked and stayed busy on Wednesday, and by Thursday my sole remaining roommate had left for a birthday trip to Vegas. Feeling lonely, I decided I needed some comfort food while I watched the VP debates. I cooked up a batch of Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm Chili (my very own modified Texas style = lots of beef + no beans + green bell pepper for flavor and color), some corn bread, and bought the most expensive 6-pack of Shiner I have ever seen. If you ask me, nothing goes better with a steaming bowl of chili than a Shiner Bock, so the $9 was well spent.



3 comments:

Tiffany & Brandon said...

That looks so good! Good call for sure.

Dan said...

And guess what I've been having for dinner every other night... leftovers! A good chili is like a fine wine. It gets better with time. Unless you wait too long and it gets moldy.

Jane said...

I really want some chili. Like right now. Damn.